Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The Beautiful People

A buddy of mine told me after I had moved here to Park City Utah that I now lived in the land of "The Beautiful People".  I wasn't sure how to take that. I hear the Reputation and misconception Park City has from the Utahan's outside of here. "You live in Park City? You must be rich!" (Yeah far from it!) "You live in Park City? You must be a snob!" (still far from it)

There are Snobby, pretentious, a-holes all over. From my travels I have found them everywhere I go. You get into a higher income level living area where they actually take care of the place and don't trash it and you are a snob... nice.

I have met PLENTY of down to earth individuals here that do not expect you to be on their income level to hang out with them. Same for living in Hollywood and people living in Beverly Hills! If anyone is like that I disregard them, let it be and move on.

Which brings me to the latest movie I have watched: Dinner For Schmucks



What a great message this movie has! Be yourself! Do not let others live rent free in your mind!! You need not change for anyone but YOURSELF! If they cannot accept you for who you are you do not need them in your life! Most cases they are mirroring you and have the issue of not accepting themselves for who they are and are the ones insecure!

"I love you just as you are." I make the upmost effort just to accept people for who they are. I have the hardest by being critical to the ones that are closest and I am working on being more understanding and accepting of them. My insecurities sometimes find me judging others and it is something I do not like of myself. That to I am working on.

Be patient and take the time to listen and communicate. You might understand where someones day is going, make a new friend, or can be a link in making someones day just a little easier. In return it will come back to you!

Pay it forward. Live. Laugh. Love.

~Don t try to be someone your not, wait for the person who likes you for who you are. You were born an original, don't die a copy.~

No comments:

Post a Comment